You would think that a holiday celebrated by eating candy would be among the least favorite in a household with a kid that doesn’t eat it. But oddly enough, Journey is actually quite fond of Halloween. She loves the decorations, the costumes and greeting trick-or-treaters. But because my kid doesn’t eat candy, in good conscience, I don’t give it out. Instead, I have come up with a few great alternatives to candy for Halloween trick-or-treaters to enjoy.
1. Utz Halloween Pretzels—The packaging is so cute, kids don’t even realize it’s not candy.
2. Annie’s Homegrown Halloween Bunny Grahams Honey & Chocolate Whole Grain Snacks—The only word the kids will see is “chocolate.”
3. Annie’s Homegrown Halloween Organic Bunny Fruit Snacks—Kids will think they are gummy bears.
4. Pre-Packaged Apple Slices—If you think kids will complain about getting fruit, you can purchase the ones come with a caramel dip. Or just remind them apples are the trade off for getting to eat candy!
5. Halloween Sticker & Temporary Tattoos—Unlike candy, if you don’t use them all, they won’t expire.