This week I was asked by fellow blogger Tracie over at Phenomenal Mama to participate in Ask Away Friday, where bloggers swap ten questions about anything and post the answers. Ready to learn a few things about me that you didn’t know?
Visit Tracie to see what clever questions I asked and how she answered them. And while you are there, may you find some “phenomenal” inspiration as well.
And now for Tracie’s questions…
1. Who inspires you the most in your everyday life?
My daughter. She makes me see the world through her eyes and the possibilities are endless.
2. Who/what is your online inspiration?
Google! Lol! Sometimes jus seeing a certain word or an image can spark my creativity and new ideas.
3. What is the best advice you’ve ever been given?
You don’t always control a situation and you can never control what another person does, but you can always control your reaction. That advice came from my mother.
4. When you were a child what did you want to be when you grew up?
I wanted to be a radio personality. I grew up in NJ listening to Wendy Williams on KISS-FM and wanted to be just like her. I did go on to have a successful career in radio, but behind-the-scenes as a marketing director. And as fate would have it, I ended working with Wendy during her stint in Philadelphia.
5. If you could win a “lifetime supply” of any product what would you want it to be?
Oh, this is a good one! I guess I would have to choose Lac-Hydrin lotion. I am serious about my creams and lotions! I have very dry skin and it’s the only product that keeps it hydrated. But it’s kinda pricey.
6. What is your favorite post on your blog?
I guess it would have to be my post about why my daughter is no longer allowed to watch the Disney channel, because it sent my stats through the roof and was Freshly Pressed on WordPress.
7. You’re throwing the party of the decade…if you could invite any celebrity who would it be?
Since most celebrities are overrated, I would say Kelly Ripa. She’s a Jersey girl and seems like she would be a lot of fun to hang out with. Plus if she has a good enough time, maybe she’ll hire me to do her next party and have me on her show.
8. What is one piece of advice you would give to anyone wanting to throw a fab event on a budget?
Do not underestimate the dollar store—particularly Dollar Tree! Some of my best finds have come from there. When I am shopping for supplies, that’s always my first stop. Hmm…sounds like a future post to me!
9. What characteristics do you think your daughter has inherited from you?
She is feisty (like all the women in the family), creative, inquisitive, nurturing, a leader, an extrovert and has a great sense of humor. Oh, and she’s sarcastic—very sarcastic.
10. What is your favorite holiday and why?
Christmas. Since most if our family is in northern NJ and NYC, we always spend it in NYC. We go skating at Rockefeller Center, visit all the toy stores and window displays and see a show. There is nothing like Christmas time in NYC.
Got any other burning questions for me?
Follow me on twitter @herlifeinspired.