It seems that I’m starting to love pumpkin just as much as I do sweet potatoes. Lately, I’ve been adding it to everything—including chocolate chip cookies. I’m not sure why I decided to make them gluten-free. I guess I was just curious about whether gluten-free baked goods could be as tasty as those that contain gluten. And based on this cookie recipe, they absolutely can! These cookies are chewy, moist and everything you want your chocolate chip cookie to be. And the pumpkin adds just the right amount of fall flavor.
6 tablespoons unsalted butter (melted)
1/4 cup light or dark brown sugar
1/3 cup granulated sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
6 tablespoons pumpkin puree
1 1/2 cups Pamela’s Baking Mix
1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1. In a medium bowl, whisk the melted butter, brown sugar, and granulated sugar together until there no brown sugar lumps in the mixture. Whisk in the vanilla and pumpkin until smooth. Set aside.
2. In a large bowl, whisk together the baking mix, cinnamon, nutmeg, and ginger. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix together with a large spoon or rubber spatula. Fold in 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips. Try to evenly disperse the chocolate chips among the dough.
3. Cover the dough and let chill for 30 minutes, or up to 3 days. Chilling the dough is mandatory.
4. Preheat the oven to 350°. Line two large baking sheets with parchment paper.
5. Roll the dough into balls, about 1 tablespoon of dough each. Bake the cookies for 14-16 minutes. The cookies will look very soft and underbaked. Keeping them in the oven for longer may dry them out. Remove from the oven and press a few more chocolate chips onto the tops, if you like.
6. Let the cookies cool for at least 20 minutes on the cookie sheets. Store cookies in an air tight container at room temperature for up to 1 week. You can also make the cookie dough ahead and freeze for up to two months.
You absolutely must try these cookies before pumpkin season is over. They are my new favorite cookie!