As usual, I was craving something sweet. So I headed to the kitchen to see what I could whip up with what I had in my pantry. I decided on blondies since they are easy to make and I happened to have all of the ingredients. Here’s the recipe:
1 3/4 cups of all-purpose flour
1 1/4 cup dark brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 stick unsalted butter, softened
1 teaspoon vanilla flavor
3/4 cup chopped walnuts
1/4 cup of white chocolate chips or 1 oz (1 square) of white chocolate
1. Preheat oven to 325°.
2. Combine flour and salt in a small bowl.
3. Using an electric mixer, cream the butter and sugar until smooth.
4. Add egg and vanilla.
5. Add the flour mixture and chopped walnuts. Blend until all ingredients are mixed well. The batter will be very thick.
6. Evenly pat the batter into an 8×8 pan coated with nonstick cooking spray. Bake for about 35 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Remove from oven and let cool.
7. While the pan is cooling, place the white chocolate in a sandwich bag (be sure to leave it open) and microwave at 30 second intervals until melted. Snip one corner of the bag and drizzle the white chocolate on top. Cut into squares and serve. Enjoy!